WE STAND WITH THE BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENT.
Racism and privilege are real, systemic and pervasive and need to be dismantled.
Love and community are also real and need to be nurtured and defended.
We commit to:
- Stop talking and start listening to those impacted by systemic racism.
- Learn how racism and privilege have shaped us and the world we live in.
- Ask who is included, who is excluded, who benefits, and who is harmed.
- Create diversity in our practice, our profession, and our climate action work.
- Support organizations and our colleagues promoting equity, justice, and anti-racism.
Making a just and equitable future requires acting with love and courage, confronting the racism and privilege of the present, and acknowledging and healing the violence and broken promises of our past.