The historic Veterans' Memorial Building was designed by Alameda County Architect Henry Meyers and built in 1929-30. The building sits in the “near field” of the Hayward Fault, and is made of hollow clay tiles — typical for buildings of this period, but not good for earthquakes.
Our complete seismic upgrade was designed to be invisible upon completion. Other upgrades included a new kitchen, bathrooms, and mechanical and electrical systems. Access was improved and the historic finishes were restored. The design and construction followed the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Rehabilitation of Historic Structures.
Fremont (Niles District), California